- The stand-out surprise of this trip was Yak and Yeti at Animal Kingdom Theme park. Everyone liked what they ordered. We had duck, steak and coconut shrimp, Asian noodles and BBQ Ribs. Everything was excellent. The dessert did not disappoint. We had pineapple upside down cake served warm with ice cream, an assortment of sorbets, mango pie and a table favorite was fried wontons with cream cheese centers covered with a scoop of ice cream and drizzled in caramel!
- Biergarten was fun for the gang. This restaurant is in EPCOT and serves authentic German cuisine in a giant banquet hall with a full buffet so everyone can find something they enjoy. Carved meats, beer cheese soup, schnitzel and sauerkraut. This is a great choice for school age and older. It wasn't overly loud like I had worried and beer drinkers will enjoy the selection but remember alcohol is not covered by the dining plan!
- It is with a heavy heart that my family announces that liquid cheese at quick serve stations has been removed due to a lawsuit. My children had some choice words for that decision.
- Wolfgang Puck's Express in Disney Springs continues to be a great choice to get both quality and quantity with the quick service credit.
- Be Our Guest as a quick service for lunch was excellent once again, no surprise.
- Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary Resort was excellent. We were amazed with the choices and impressed with the flavor of each of the 4 different meals we had.
- Werther's Caramel store in Germany still makes me happy, happy, happy!
- Dole pineapple floats have moved down by the Magic Carpet ride to a larger location. Keep in mind you can also get one at Polynesian Resort if you want one on a day you are not in Magic Kingdom.
- A small cafe upstairs in Polynesian right inside the door from the monorail sells excellent breakfast pastries as snack credits.
- Cupcakes at Starrring Rolls in Hollywood Studios and items from the many new Starbucks locations also offer a variety of baked goods to purchase with a snack credit.
We were able to trade an extra quick service our last day for three snacks!