We stayed a couple of nights at Coronado Springs in October 2014. Here are my thoughts on this resort:
Coronado Springs Overview: Disney's Coronado Springs is considered a moderate resort but it is not like the others. Coronado is a Conference resort so there is a large conference facility near the front of the resort. This resort has many standard rooms with 2 Queen size beds and one bathroom. However, this is the only moderate to have some BUSINESS level rooms and Junior Suites.
Business level rooms are similar to the club levels at other resorts. They include a continental breakfast and evening snacks, wine, soda and beer.
Casitas Executive Suites have 1 king bed and 2 queen beds and accommodate up to 6.
These common areas are well maintained with beautiful landscaping and a pool with a waterfall of steps and slide.
- The pace, and demeanor of the guests and resort staff is a lot like those at the deluxe hotels. The resort is peaceful and quiet throughout
- This resort is 80% convention attendees so it is never busy and food courts, drink stations, buses and pools are not busy at all.
- If you want a calm place to return to after overdosing on Disney during the day this resort would be perfect. It is a very subtle Disney influence without bright colors or characters throughout.
- Very few kids around in general...very odd...yet nice since my kids are much older now.
- Lots of bus stops so the walk to our bus was very short.
- 4/10 of a mile walk to get to the drink refill station or food areas. I am an avid walker, averaging 6-8 miles of walking/day and this seemed absurd to get coffee refills!
- Disney has pretty much been removed, so if you want to stay in the middle of the Disney craziness this is not the place to do that.
This is a standard room with two Queen beds.