First major decision: Are you trying to travel following a school calendar? If yes continue reading here:
- Fall Break: If you are part of a school system with 1-2 weeks off in October this is a wonderful time to travel for the following reasons:
- Good weather (65-90 degrees)
- Great Halloween decorations and parades
- Halloween Party-this is an extra admission ticket but well worth the price (about $60/person) this allows you to come at night to the Magic Kingdom after 4 pm until midnight. You can wear Halloween costumes if you choose and trick or treat throughout the park. The number of tickets sold is limited so
- You quickly get through the lines to your favorite rides.
- Crowds are reasonable. You definitely want to plan ahead but it is reasonable to manage the parks.
2. Christmas Break: Leave as early as you can when school is out, or a couple of days early if you can pul them out of school.
- The weather is even milder than Fall Break!
- The Christmas decorations are like nothing you have ever seen before. They are truly magnificent.
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party-like the Halloween party a limited number of tickest are sold for these special nights that allow you to ride the rides efficiently.
- FYI-the week between Christmas and New Years is incredibly busy, I encourage families to go prior to Christmas day.
- This is the easiest time to go as far as scheduling around school.
- Go as quickly in the summer as you can to avoid the heat of mid July!
If you can travel anytime:
- January-mid March: This is a great way to save money on your Disney trip. The weather is often cool 60-80 degrees. Keep in mind it can be too cool for some and is unpredictable. I much prefer a jacket over sweating gallons!
- May: Good discounts and Star Wars weekends
- September or November: There are excellent discounts. If you go towards the end of either month you will get to see the upcoming decorations
When would I avoid going...
I think my Disney Enthusiasm is clear but there really are times I would NOT go to Disney.
- Christmas Week
- Spring Break