Many September-December guests are being offered the opportunity to order and use the new Magic Bands and fastpass+ options.
In September, they are being piloted at the following resorts:
- Disney's Pop Century
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney's Yacht Club
- Disney's Contemporary Resort
Starting in October the following resorts will be added as the locks are changed to work with these bands:
- Disney's Art of Animation Resort
- Disney's Polynesian Resort
- Disney's Beach Club Resort
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Jambo House
- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
You must sign up for My Disney Experience @ www.mydisneyexperience.com
Once you sign up you will need to login to this account and go to MagicBands to order these. You will only have a short window of time to get these ordered and determine your Fastpass+ options. Then they will be shipped to you prior to your arrival. You should have these with you in carry on when boarding a plane. These will have your passes to board Disney's Magical Express
What will the armbands do?
- They will be your room key, used like a fob you will wave it in front of a piece on the door and the door will unlock.
- They will be your key to the park.
- They allow you to make purchases to charge back to the room
- They will be loaded with your Fastpass+options that you make in advance of your trip.
FastPass+ You will be allowed to choose up to three attractions a day in advance to Fastpass but they all have to be from the same park. You can only choose them in ONE park so you need to look at your dining and base the choices around that. If you have base tickets this will require you to plan which park you will visit each day and then choose accordingly.
Obviously, you need to keep in mind which rides your children will be willing to ride. My kids rode the big coasters as soon as they met the height requirements. If this describes your children grab fastpasses to those rides first. If they won’t ride anything scary; avoid those options. I will highlight in red any ride that might not be suitable to young children, you will need to use your discretion. I have also added height requirements after those rides that have requirements.
Keep in mind this is brand new even to those of us that have been to Disney many times so unfortunately we are learning with you!
Can I get other Fastpasses in the park like I have in the past?
Yes, but you cannot have overlapping times. Just like in the past, if you have a fastpass for a particular preselected time you cannot get another fastpass while in the park that would overlap with that time. (As of October 2013 but this is being phased out)
Which Fastpass+ rides should I sign up for?
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 40”
- Enchanted Tales With Belle
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Space Mountain 44”
- Splash Mountain- big drop at the end 40”
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Haunted Mansion
- Jungle Cruise
- Meet Ariel at her Grotto
- Meet the Disney Princesses at Town Square Theater
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- The Barnstormer 35”
- The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway 52”-This is a great choice if you have kids that love to 'drive' their own car
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Soarin 40”
- Test Track 40”
- Mission: Space 44”
- Turtle Talk With Crush
Toy Story Midway Mania-THIS SHOULD BE YOUR FIRST CHOICE!
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 48”
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 40”
- Star Tours 40”
- The Great Movie Ride-not rough but definitely can be frightening (scenes from Alient the movie, come alive)
- Fantasmic *Does not always appear as an option
- Expedition Everest 44 Fyi-my kids and I ride this single rider and only wait minutes, so we don't fastpass it. Depending on the age and independence of your children this is a great way to conserve your Fastpass options!
- Kali River Rapids 38”
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- DINOSAUR 40”
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo
- Primeval Whirl 48”
Book your next Disney Vacation with me! firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-513-2684